Uniquely situated and completely surrounded by beautiful mountains, the city of Ojai holds the start of the Clif Bar Mountains 2 Beach Marathon. This point to point race winds through the Ventura River Valley as it makes its way to the pristine beaches of the last great surf town in California, Ventura. Runners will love that 18 of the first 20 miles have a net down hill of over 700 feet, which is prime to make you faster, but not hurt the knees. After a six mile pancake flat tour of beach front Ventura, runners and their families are treated to a finish line party only steps away from the surf and the shops and restaurants of Historic Downtown Ventura.
Sunday May 29, 2016
Marathon- Sold Out!!! Wait list Now Open
Marathon Charity Spots still available- No Fundraising Required CLICK HERE for more info
Half Marathon- $70.00 until 2/6/16
5k-$40.00 until 4/5/16
Some changes for 2016
- Wider course allowing for faster running
- New finish line (still at the beach of course)
- New Half Marathon start line
- More aid stations
- No train track crossing (safer and now faster)
- No more running by the finish line with 3 miles to go! (always a course complaint)
Things that did not change for 2016
- Still a GRADUAL downhill course prime for your PR/ BQ
- Beautiful start line in Downtown Ojai (for the full)
- Long beach front finish
- After party at the beach
Here are some 2015 Top Race Weekend Highlights;
- We could not have asked for better weather!
- This years donations to charity will be near $150,000.
- Our Boston Gong was going off like crazy (qualified but didn’t see the gong? you dont want to miss that next year )
*Photos will be free for digital download and sharing