Register Now!!!!!- CLICK HERE
The course begins in Downtown Ojai with a 6 mile loop which brings runners back by the start area which makes for great spectating as it heads towards mile 7 and the community of Meiners Oaks. After several miles, the course takes a right onto the Ventura River Bike Path to Santa Ana Blvd, a beautiful country road. After several miles trending downhill, runners begin to see civilization again on Ventura Ave, the most direct route to the City of Ventura. After a tour of downtown Ventura, runners make one of the final turns and come face to face with the famous Ventura Beach front. Try not to get distracted by the beauty as you still have just over a mile to go. More than a mile of beach side running brings you to the finish line and festival. Over the 26.2 miles you will see beautiful mountain peaks, the Ventura River Basin, the gorgeous Ventura Promenade, and the world renowned Ventura Coast line. There is a total downhill of over 700 feet.
USATF Course Certification Number (for Boston Marathon Qualification): CA16047RS
Aid Stations and Water Stations:
- Water stations will be located at miles: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6.5, 8, 9, 10.8, 12.3, 13.5, 14.7, 16.5, 17.8, 19.3, 20.8, 22.3, 24, and 25
- Electrolyte drink provided by Fluid will be at miles: 3, 8, 10.8, 12.3, 15, 17.8, 19.3, 22.3, and 24
- Energy gels will be provided by Clif and located at mile 13.5 and mile 20.8
- Basic First AID will be available at the all water stations.
- First Aid will be available at mi 8, mi 17.8, mi 24 and the Finish
*distances are approximate
Restrooms will be available at the start, mile 3, mile 6.5 (back at the start line) mile 8, mile 17.8, mile 25 and finish.
The finish line and chute will be located at the dead end of Shoreline Dr in Ventura.
There is a course time limit of 7 hours. At that point any runners left out on the course must move to the side of the road and follow all applicable traffic laws. Aid Stations will then be self serve. We will not leave the finish area until all runners are done, but police and volunteers on course will leave at 1:00 pm
Course subject to change